The leap from ‘doing’ to ‘managing’ is probably the most difficult step an employee can take. This workshop introduces many of the fundamental skills – and attitudes - expected of a manager, from motivating and managing the performance of an employee to making sure that the manager has the right skills to connect employees to the business.
Anyone who has just assumed responsibility for the leadership and management of staff. It will also be suitable for those who have been in a management role for a considerable period already but have not yet attended such a workshop.
Key learning points
• The expectations and responsibilities of a manager
• Adapting your leadership style to individuals within the team
• How to successfully delegate to employees
• Building motivation and engagement
• Setting clear expectations
• Connecting your employees to the business
Delegate Comments from other workshops facilitated by Michael
· "Well presented, slides, group discussion and video" Randeep Roopra, Hotelshop UK
· "Great interactive session, good discussion. Michael facilitated well and used a range of materials. Engaging" Emma Parker, Banks Sadler
· "This course has been very useful & highlighted some good techniques that I can bring to my role. I enjoyed Michael's style of training & delivery of slides & video clips." Jo Hemesley, Lancaster London